Packaging Compliance - Food Services
The Client - Aramark
Aramark Northern Europe is part of a leading global company, Aramark USA operating in 22 countries around the world. One of their key divisions provides food service solutions to private businesses, large multinationals, government and public sector organisations as well as educational campuses and healthcare institutions.
Aramark’s food services division serves over 250,000 meals daily and has over 3,000 employees in Ireland. Aramark wanted to fully understand and comply with their responsibilities under the Packaging Regulations and minimize the workload associated with their reporting obligations.
Greenstreets undertook a comprehensive review of Aramark’s products and packaging. This included:
- Assessment of Aramark’s food services and advice on obligations under the Packaging Regulations;
- An audit of Aramark’s products and packaging specifications;
- An assessment of types of packaging (plastic, cardboard, metal) and weight put on the market per type of material;
- A determination of costs associated with self-compliance versus cost associated with joining a compliance scheme;
- Assistance with administration tasks related to registration as a packaging producer;
- Preparation of bi-annual packaging returns.
Greenstreets’ services added value to our client by:
- Providing independent and impartial expert advice on legal obligations;
- Identifying the lowest cost compliance option for our client;
- Providing reliable outsourcing of reporting required under the Packaging Regulations allowing the client to focus on their core business;
- Meeting reporting deadlines and the requirements of the reporting body, Repak.