The Province of Québec, operates two EPR programs for PPP - Éco Entreprises Québec (EEQ) and RecycleMédias, an approved stewardship agency specifically for newspaper. The programs are 100% funded by producers and operated by the municipalities
- Legislation: The Environment Quality Act chapter Q-2 (EQA) and [the Regulation](http://legisquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/ShowDoc/cr/Q-2, r. 10) respecting compensation for municipal services provided to recover and reclaim residual materials, and amendments
- Oversight authority: Ministry of Sustainable Development, Environment and the Fight against Climate Change, through: RECYC-QUÉBEC, a crown corporation
- Approved Stewardship Organisation: Éco Entreprises Québec (covers PPP excluding newspapers) and RecycleMédias (covers newspapers)
Small Business Exemptions
- All businesses must register with ÉEQ regardless of size
- Exempt from reporting and fees: businesses with gross annual revenue less than $1M, businesses who produce less than 1 tonne of PPP annually and businsses who operate single point of sale
- Businesses with revenue between $1M and $2M are exempt from reporting data and pay flat annual fees of up to $2,560 depending on the quantity of PPP, read more...
Materials that are included in Quebec’s PPP Programme are listed in the Materials Guide.
Éco Entreprises Québec provides further information regarding PPP at their web-site.