Europe & North America EPR Compliance
The Client - Primark
Affordable fast-fashion retailer operating throughout Europe and North America.
With reporting obligations in 11 EU states and an ever-changing product offering covering a range of EPR waste types covering Packaging, Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), Batteries and Textiles, Primark management faced a major challenge ensuring that its legal obligations were correctly maintained across 34 separate reporting programs.
Greenstreets recommended taking an holistic approach to Producer Responsibility reporting to reduce the workload involved and identify potential savings; a global data reporting methodology was implemented, underpinned by our our GRIPS™ software. The following services are provided to Primark:
- Preparation of periodic data returns to multiple compliance schemes and agencies
- On-going gathering of product and packaging specifications from suppliers
- Product sampling and weighing to verify and validate supplier data
- Registration and communication with the regulators and compliance schemes
- Managing other Producer Responsibility obligations including in-store customer information and organizing end-of-life product take-back
- Provision of timely advice on changes in regulations
The Added Value
- A single secure channel – providing assurance and peace of mind, enabling Primark to report easily to multiple agencies in a range of different countries
- Reduced workload - We took over the hard work involved in gathering and validating data and in preparing their reports, allowing our client to focus on their core business
- Full compliance - We provided assurances that their reports would be completed correctly and on-time, regardless of changes to regulations or to its varied product lines
- Reduced overall cost – our experienced team, using specially designed software were able to identify opportunities to reduce overall fee obligations as well as undertaking the work more efficiently, providing considerable cost savings when compared with doing this internally